ChatGPT Part 3 - The Future of Writing & AI

Read the final Write On! magazine feature of a special three-part series on ChatGPT. In "The Future of Writing & AI," I interviewed Dr Blay Whitby, who I approached after reading his book Artificial Intelligence: A Beginners Guide (2008). I love how our conversation even related the invention of electric guitars to technology and what lies ahead for us. 🎸

I was pretty excited to interview Dr Whitby since he's been writing about AI since 1984 and I'd read one of his books which gave me some really interesting insights into AI.

Also, Dominic Jarkey, a senior R Programmer and data scientist, provides a fascinating perspective. I hadn't expected bird identification, cats and weather prediction to come up! 🐦🐈‍⬛️⛅️

So, with ChatGPT upon us, are we like butterflies flapping our wings, buffeted by wind, or caterpillars about to undergo an extraordinary metamorphosis from a chrysalis? 🦋

Or do you think AI is another bubble of the tech boom? Interestingly, it is causing quite a stir in the stock market. 

The feature includes a video and photograph from my Insta friends, @_kays.journal and @ben.vanmortenson. 

Just heard too, the first two features in this ChatGPT series have been some of Write On magazine's best-performing ones. 🥳

So grateful to Madeleine White, Claire Buss and Pen To Print for everything they've done. 

It's been quite a journey since I started with Write On! Who knows where this will take us. 

We're approaching a brave new world. I'm trying to embrace hope, faith and trust, with knowledge empowering us. 

It's been wonderful how these features have become springboards for conversations. Some people have even started to use ChatGPT and found it has helped them. 

My interviewees have enriched all of this and connecting with them was brilliant. My next project is quite cool and I look forward to sharing more about it soon. Will I use ChatGPT? It is another tool and it continues to grow in its sophistication. 

Connect with me on social media and / or check out my website. 

Happy Friday! 💫


Comments