My Creative Everyday

When you travel to different countries, you discover a whole new world of characters, stories and experiences. 

My last big holiday was to the Amalfi coast which was an idyllic escape to the town of Amalfi with day trips to nearby towns. Italy is a wonderful country filled with creativity, passion and a love of life. The food was divine. I especially adored aubergine parmagiana. 

It was exhilarating discovering the world. My parents took us on holidays when we were young. Travelling was a passion that developed as a grew older. I will always love to travel, but for now, London is a great city to explore. 

These days, I spend time in the world of flowers and birds. 


I love that you can look up to see roses against a cloudless sky. This year I've finally had some success with growing roses. Mine aren't as prolific as these roses which I saw near Regent's Park, but hopefully they will grow into lovely bushes that will bring joy to someone who looks up at my balcony. 


I've been growing giant Russian sunflowers. The tallest was 2 metres. It's simple and quick to grow sunflowers which is enjoyable for kids and adults. The last few years my sunflowers have arrived late and stayed for only a few weeks. It's cool watching wasps come to visit my flowers. Since I began growing sunflowers, I adore sunflowers and often take photographs of them. 


Swans, geese and ducks make me smile or sometimes even laugh out loud. I feel very lucky that there is an abundance of wildlife close by. Animals feature in the children's picture book I created which is available on Amazon. Th ebook is called Dilly Dally Sally and it is about a duckling lost in East London. It was a big step for me to share my writing. The experience opened up new opportunities, interests and developed my creativity in ways I could never have imagined. 

You can see a few pages of Dilly Dally at my website here or check it out on Amazon. I have included some direct links for various countries below.  
Nature inspires me. It is a large part of my creative everyday and I try to capture some of the magic in my writing and photographs.  

As for a taste of Italy, I make my own simplified version of aubergine parmagiana which I adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe, using just aubergine, herbs, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella and tomatoes. It takes me back to Amalfi every time. 

If you are looking for old blog posts, please go to the Writers Room or Previous Posts.














Comments