Olivia Newton-John RIP


A legend, icon and one of my idols - Olivia Newton-John was humble, warm and successful. 

Though she was born in the UK, I think of her as a Melbourne girl, like me, spending her formative young years in suburbia but dreaming of overseas adventures. 

She paved the way for Shania Twain and Taylor Swift - ONJ country music - ABC news.

Her campaigning and impact on cancer survivors too make her one of the more remarkable women - People Remember ONJ

Such was my excitement as a child, when I heard an ad that Grease was going to be on tv, that I jumped and my wobbly tooth fell out. I've always loved leather, may be because of Grease. Perhaps it's also why I adore dresses and being a bit Sandra Dee. 

Summer days, drifting away, we fell in love with her, and now she's been taken away, suddenly, sadly, our Sandy. 

Olivia Newton-John, she will be so missed.

Comments