Queen's Freddie Mercury Sotheby's Exhibition

 


Words have power. The lines of Freddie's songs have become anthems. They have immortalised a man who dared to experiment and challenge existing norms. 

As I walked through the exhibition, a recreation of his home, among all his personal belongings, it was a chance to glimpse someone I knew very little about. It deepened my love for his songs and music. It made me realise what a genius he was. 

To be honest, I liked the songs, but after the exhibition, I listened to them, connecting to the man behind the lyrics. I began reading one of the biographies. I've watched his concerts, which seem to play more on television these days. There's a renewed interest in Queen and perhaps, like me, Freddie Mercury has found new fans in 2023.  

My YouTube series about the exhibition found a vast audience, reaching more than 20,000 views. Music, videos and photography, as a creator and consumer, add so much to my life as a writer. I wanted to make more videos in 2023, and develop an online presence on YouTube and TikTok. I'm glad that I have and encourage all writers to consider doing so too. 

Comments