My Dancing April Challenge

10 days ago I challenged myself to dance to one song every morning until the end of April. 

I didn't know if I could do it, but I was looking forward to it as I love to dance but rarely do any more. 

These are the songs I've danced to in the last 10 days. 

  1. Shake It Off - Taylor Swift
  2. Thunderstruck - ACDC
  3. Pump It - Blackeyed Peas 
  4. Gangnam Style - Psy
  5. Heat Waves - Glass Animals 
  6. Glad You Came - Liilz (Ziezie)
  7. There's Nothin Holdin Me Back - Shawn Mendes
  8. Shut Up and Dance - Walk The Moon
  9. The Motto - Tiesto
  10. Giant - Calvin Harris
I confess, on day 3 or 4, I forgot so I made up for it the next day. Today's song I got through 3/4 of it and had to do the last 1/4 a few hours later. 

My living room has been an excellent dance floor. I'm definitely less stiff and have found my rhythm again. 

The benefits of dance:
  • reduces stress,
  • supports physical, mental & emotional health,
  • improves agility and flexibility, and
  • provides better coordination, strength and balance. 
Dancing every day has improved my mood and energy levels. I'm glad I'm doing it. 

It's been an intense month where I've been more active on social media. I've realised it's important to experiment with post content, analyse what works and definitely engage more with others (like, tweet, comment, follow and get to know them). It does make it more fun knowing the people behind the screen. 

It's unlikely I'll continue beyond April with my April dance challenge because I have some other goals I hope to focus on, but we'll see. 

If you love dancing and want to do more, I highly recommend setting yourself a goal like this. 

It's a morning routine that sets us up for success. When we tackle important tasks early in the day, it creates momentum and satisfaction that we've achieved something.

Comment on my tweet with your favourite songs to dance to, or get in touch on any of my social media platforms, but please don't mock my song choices. I'm just a girl wanting to dance. 

By the way, it is highly unlikely I'll be posting a video documenting my April dance challenge on Tiktok. I'll leave that to the cool kids. 





E.M. Blake is the author of Dilly Dally Sally, a picture book about a duckling who is lost and won't give up. 

Instagram: @mycreativeveryday
Twitter: @EllieMBlake1
Tiktok: @mycreativeeveryday
Facebook:  m.facebook.com/DillyDallySally/ 

Goodreads: ​E.M. Blake
Pinterest: mycreativeeveryday





Comments