Feeling Overwhelmed And Finding A Way Forward

Red flowers

2022 has been ridiculously busy which has been overwhelming and I felt I needed a new way to manage my time. In fact, I posted about it on Instagram and ended up asking how others coped in my first poll, one of the cool features the social media platform provides. My IG friends were so helpful, offering support, empathy and kindness. 

I took on new projects this year, which involved a change in my schedule. My evenings were swallowed up by this big black vortex and my days became longer. 

I'm grateful for all of the new opportunities and the chance to learn more. However, I've realised consistently pushing myself beyond 150% is a horrendous habit.

Swan family

I want to be happy and find a healthy balance. Family and friends are important. They help me keep my head above water. 

Nature and creativity nourish me too. They played a part in formulating a new system for myself, as well as reframing my mind in a positive and productive way. I'll share more about this in my blog and social media over the coming months. 

In the meantime, the 4-ingredient recipe to getting things done which I read this morning might be of interest. 

Find out how I relieved stress with a daily dance challenge month. Read about Sunday funday in the kitchen, another way I manage my feelings of being overwhelmed. 

Follow my blog and social media for more.




E.M. Blake is the author of Dilly Dally Sally, a picture book about a duckling who is lost and won't give up. She also contributes to Write On! magazine. 

Instagram: @mycreativeveryday
Twitter: @EllieMBlake1
Tiktok: @mycreativeeveryday
Facebook:  m.facebook.com/DillyDallySally/ 

Goodreads: ​E.M. Blake
Pinterest: mycreativeeveryday

Comments